Clinical Pharmacology Weekend 2017
Big data and biostatistics
The weekend is targeted at Clinical Pharmacology Advanced Trainees. It is also open to ASCEPT and RACP members and non-members with an interest in Clinical Pharmacology.
The weekend will include presentations from clinical pharmacologists and other content experts.
Date: Saturday 27th & Sunday 28th May 2017
Venue: St Vincent’s Private Clinic, 438 Victoria Street, Darlinghurst, NSW, Room: Level 4 Function Room
Time: The meeting will run from 08:30 Saturday to 13:30 Sunday
- Full: Includes admission to all sessions, morning/afternoon teas, lunch on Saturday, abstract booklet and dinner Saturday night at Malabar.
- Day: Includes admission to all sessions on day of attendance, abstract booklet, Saturday morning/afternoon teas and lunch or Sunday morning tea. Dinner is not included.
- RACP PREP Workshop for supervisors (Sunday morning 08:00-09:00): An update on training tools used (such as CBD, LNA, project, supervisors reports.). Breakfast provided.
All trainees are strongly encouraged to present interesting and challenging cases at the ASCEPT Clinical Weekend. Rather than being limited to patients, case topics can be drawn from problems encountered within the many domains of clinical pharmacology. Although not restricted to the Weekend’s theme, all cases should:
- be pertinent to clinical pharmacology practice
- be supported by relevant literature
- raise questions for discussion
Please submit a one-page abstract of no more than 300 words (excluding references), outlining your case, key literature and questions for discussion. Trainee abstracts should be written in the style of a peer-reviewed journal (e.g. background, aims, methods, results, conclusion). Please include the title of your presentation, authors (including supervisor), and institutional affiliations (e.g. hospital, university).
All abstracts should be submitted to Paul Chin via email: email@example.com by 1st May 2017.
The best trainee presentation will receive an award.