|New Member Application||Renewing Member||Lapsed Member|
Membership is open to persons who are actively engaged in or interested in the pharmacological and toxicological sciences, and who have appropriate qualifications. Persons interested in joining ASCEPT should complete an application form to join as a Full Member or Student Member. Membership subscriptions are based on a calendar year beginning 1st January and ending on 31st December.
Full Membership details
- Membership applications must be signed by a nominator who is a financial member of the Society
- The annual membership fee must be forwarded with your application
- Membership applications are reviewed quarterly by the Membership Secretary and then presented to Council at each quarterly meeting. All applications approved by Council are to be presented to the AGM for approval
- Student members wishing to become full members must submit also a membership application
- To take advantage of the lower registration fees available to members for the December scientific meeting, applications for membership must be received by the 30th September for submission to the October Council meeting
Many of the ASCEPT members are students – honours, Masters or PhD. ASCEPT has a long history of supporting student members, encouraging them to excel and establish a career in pharmacology. Just some of the ways ASCEPT supports students include:
- Low membership fees
- Low registration fees for the Annual Scientific Meeting
- Student representative on Council
- Careers symposium at the Annual Scientific Meeting
- Mentoring program
Annual Subscription Rates
The annual subscription shall be payable in advance on the first day of January in each year. A person admitted to membership of the Society at anytime during the year will be liable to pay the full annual subscription for that year. All payments must be made in Australian dollars. Members living in Australia must pay the Australian fee.
Australia and International AUD$200.00 (incl GST AUS residents only)
Australia and International AUD$85.00 (incl GST AUS residents only)
New Zealand NZD$85.00
Members of ASCEPT who have been members of the Society for more than ten years and who have retired from full time employment can apply for retired member status. Retired members of ASCEPT receive all the benefits of full members and can register for the Annual Scientific Meeting at the student rate. Retired members do not pay membership fees.